- 2010 Countdown Reading Challenge - 2010 Books To Read Before I Die Challenge - Elizabeth Gaskell Mini-Challenge - Leo Tolstoy Mini-Challenge - French Revolution Mini-Challenge - In My Mailbox - Teaser Tuesday - Waiting on Wednesday - Friday Finds - On my Wishlist - The Sunday Salon
Hunger Games - Book Three Countdown
2010 Countdown Reading Challenge
6 / 55 books. 11% done!
Books To Read Before I Die Challenge
1) Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
2) The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4) The Road by Cormac McCarthy
5) Sherlock Homes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
7) Persuasion by Jane Austen
8) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
9) The Awakening by Kate Chopin
10) Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
11) Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
12) Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
13) Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
14) Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
15) Atonement by Ian McEwan
16) Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
17) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
18) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
19) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Luis Zafon
20) The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
0 / 20 Books. 0% done!
Young Adult Reading Challenge
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 7. Blue Sword by Robin Mckinley 8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 9. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen 10. Graceling by Kristine Cashore 11. Fire by Kristine Cashore 12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
My name is Joyce and this is my humble playground in cyberspace where my insanity runs amok. I created this book blog with the intention of using it for my thoughts,opinions, and reviews on the books I've read and the books I want to read. This is also where I'll keep a tab of all the reading challenges I decide to participate in, and interesting excerpts from the books I'm reading, as well as any odds and ends related to books and reading.
If you're interested, feel free to follow me and I will probably return the favour.
I’m a voracious reader and I enjoy a variety of genres including young-adult, romance, classics, mystery, fantasy, and historical fiction.
I would love to hear book recommendations from fellow booklovers. So if you want to share a recommendation or two, you can check out my Never-ending Reading List and leave me any suggestions in any of the comments section below.
The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge is hosted by J. Kaye of J.Kaye's Book Blog . For those who are interested, the sign up post is here. The rules are easy and anyone can join.
*There are four levels to this Reading Challenge:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
*Audio, eBooks, paper all count.
* No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
* Challenge begins January 1st through December, 2010.
* Posting Reviews for the books you've read is optional.
I know I've lost five months worth of reading time but I still want to try and join many Reading Challenges. For the YA Reading Challenge, I've decided to choose The Mini YA Reading Challenge which means I'm going for 12 books! Here's the list of titles I plan to read.
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling 2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling 3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling 4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling 5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling 6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling 7. Blue Sword by Robin Mckinley 8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 9. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen ~ 4.5 Stars 10. Graceling by Kristine Cashore 11. Fire by Kristine Cashore 12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney Status:
If you would like to have your book reviewed or if you have a book you think I would enjoy reading, you can poke me via email at: teaandtatteredpages(at)gmail.com. I'll be more than happy to review your book and post it on my blog. My Review Rating System can be found here.
Also, as a new policy on my blog, if you had read or reviewed a book that I had also reviewed, you can comment on my post with the link to your review or email me with your link so I can update my blog and link your book review. This will help our blog readers to know how other bloggers feel about the books that I reviewed.