Welcome to Bookish Pursuits!

My name is Joyce and this is my humble playground in cyberspace where my insanity runs amok. I created this book blog with the intention of using it for my thoughts,opinions, and reviews on the books I've read and the books I want to read. This is also where I'll keep a tab of all the reading challenges I decide to participate in, and interesting excerpts from the books I'm reading, as well as any odds and ends related to books and reading.

If you're interested, feel free to follow me and I will probably return the favour.

I’m a voracious reader and I enjoy a variety of genres including young-adult, romance, classics, mystery, fantasy, and historical fiction.

I would love to hear book recommendations from fellow booklovers. So if you want to share a recommendation or two, you can check out my Never-ending Reading List and leave me any suggestions in any of the comments section below.


Friday, May 21, 2010

2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge


The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge is hosted by J. Kaye of J.Kaye's Book Blog . For those who are interested, the sign up post is here. The rules are easy and anyone can join.

*There are four levels to this Reading Challenge:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

*Audio, eBooks, paper all count.

* No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

* Challenge begins January 1st through December, 2010.

* Posting Reviews for the books you've read is optional.

I know I've lost five months worth of reading time but I still want to try and join many Reading Challenges. For the YA Reading Challenge, I've decided to choose The Mini YA Reading Challenge which means I'm going for 12 books! Here's the list of titles I plan to read.

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
7. Blue Sword by Robin Mckinley
8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
9. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen ~ 4.5 Stars
10. Graceling by Kristine Cashore
11. Fire by Kristine Cashore
12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Status:


1/12