Welcome to Bookish Pursuits!

My name is Joyce and this is my humble playground in cyberspace where my insanity runs amok. I created this book blog with the intention of using it for my thoughts,opinions, and reviews on the books I've read and the books I want to read. This is also where I'll keep a tab of all the reading challenges I decide to participate in, and interesting excerpts from the books I'm reading, as well as any odds and ends related to books and reading.

If you're interested, feel free to follow me and I will probably return the favour.

I’m a voracious reader and I enjoy a variety of genres including young-adult, romance, classics, mystery, fantasy, and historical fiction.

I would love to hear book recommendations from fellow booklovers. So if you want to share a recommendation or two, you can check out my Never-ending Reading List and leave me any suggestions in any of the comments section below.


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Book News: The Hunger Games Trilogy

Suzanne Collins's Third Book in the Hunger Games Trilogy to Be Published by Scholastic on August 24, 2010

I saw this link from the Publisher's Weekly website. I can't contain my excitement so I decided to share it with you guys for those who are not aware of this wonderful news. Mark your Calendars! The much anticipated final installment in The Hunger Games trilogy will be released on August 24, 2010 worldwide! Isn't that wonderful news? And there's also a simultaneous release of the yet untitled third book in Audio Book format from Scholastic Audio. That's not all! Come July 6, 2010, the trade paperback edition of the New York Times bestselling first book, "The Hunger Games," is scheduled for U.S. publication. There's still no announcement when the trade paperback will be available for non-US residents but still, I'm giddy with excitement. ♥


I'm a big fan of Suzanne Collins and the first two books in The Hunger Games Trilogy. I know August is still a long wait but it's only eight months guys! Time flies when you have good books to curl up to.

And for those who haven't read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I really recommend that you read these books. You guys don't know what you're missing. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. That's very good news! Waiting until August can be quite a drag but I have strong faith in Collins and her writing. I know she won't disappoint her readers. It will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipeee... Good news... Eight more months to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the book, I am counting the seconds. After the book we have the movie SWEET!!

    -Eric
    http://themockingjay.vndv.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @blackestfaery

    Hey!

    The August release will be like a birthday present to me so that makes me a very happy fan.

    I know! Suzanne Collins is my gem author this year. I'm so glad I read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ray-Ann

    Mabilis lang yung 8 months! Hahaha.. Hindi na ako makapag hintay. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Eric,

    Hi Eric,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, after the book comes the movie. And I'm happy that Suzanne Collins is very much in charge of how the story will flow into the movie. I'm hoping it will be good. :)

    ReplyDelete